Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's Been A While

So much has happened in the last few months that it's been difficult to write.
So much I still have to accomplish. Chores, bills, school, responsibilities.
But my horses carry me through. They are the eternal thread that stretches along through the course of my life, holding it all together. They inhabit my heart and soul, like some sort of spirit guides. They let me know when I'm off course. They reflect back to me whatever it is I'm experiencing emotionally, spiritually, good or bad. I am learning that I must be true to my emotions and to be present in every sense of the word when I' m around my horses. They live in the 'here and now' and I must learn to adopt this way of being to be successful with my interactions with them, and the world. We only have this moment, and it can be gone in a flash. We must learn to embrace every second as the precious gift it truly is, and revel in it. Reunite yourself with your 'childish innocence and enthusiasm'. Let go of the trivialities of this world. Embrace the wonder and magic that it this earthly existence. I know this is all easier said than done...or is it?
Next time you are with your horses, simply enjoy being with them. Stand with them, breathe as they breathe. Inhale the fragrant scent of contented horses; feel the warmth they exude, the power just beneath their skin.
Just BE...don't do, don't think. Allow yourself to FEEL what it's like to just be with them and experience for a while the joy of peaceful non-striving, non-achievement. Reconnect with the gratitude in your heart for all you have been given, all the gifts that are yours and yours alone. And moments like this are among those gifts. We just have to slow ourselves down long enough to notice them and appreciate them.

No comments: