Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Good, the Bad, and the Fugly

With all that is transpiring with our economy, and all the havoc being wreaked upon so many families in, not only the US, but the world, it is not a huge surprise that so many animals are being abandoned. Horses have been especially hard hit. The numbers of horses going to the livestock auctions and slaughter {to ultimately wind up as a meal on French dinner plate} has been increasing dramatically. There is someone who writes a blog called Fugly Horse Of The Day, and it's one of my favorites. Cathy calls it 'like it is' and is never one to sugarcoat things. She features stories concerning horses and their treatment that not only speak to the sad state of affairs for our animal friends , but to society as a whole.
Check it out. Even if you are not a horse person, you'll find it interesting, educational, and just damn funny, too.
www.fuglyhorseoftheday.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Elefanterosado said...

I love this photo. Did you take it?

FjordWoman said...

No, this photo is at least 30 years old, I'd first seen in a magazine back in the 70's when I needed a photo for art class when I was in elementary school. I painted my own 3rd grade version of this picture, so when I ran across the photo on the web, I saved it. So cool the way the horse is moving through the grass which almost appears 'on fire'. Kind of like a 'phoenix' horse.