Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An Amazing Time to be an American


I am so glad that I'm an American.
With all that is wrong in our country and in the world, we are still a force to be reckoned with, and we CAN and MUST be a catalyst for change. And not just change as individuals, but as a whole. We are all connected, we are all family.
The entire world watched as this great nation was able to reach out across party lines, and lift the cloak of racism to elect someone with the intelligence, heart, compassion, and diplomacy needed to lead this country. The energy that exudes Barack Obama is that of integrity, and that he will do his absolute best to lead this country through some dark times. It will not be easy or perfect, but I know he's in it for the long haul and I sense that his heart is in the right place.
I wish him and his administration luck, as they certainly have their work cut out for them.

1 comment:

Elefanterosado said...

Very well said. I think the entire country is heaving a collective sigh of relief.